Important decisions made at AICF's Central Council meeting
The AICF Central Council Meeting was held on 22nd of December 2018 at the Hyatt Regency in Chennai. This is the meeting where all the important decisions and changes with regards to the administration in Indian chess are taken. The AICF Central Council came up with some crucial decisions like a grant of Rs.50,000 each to 12 states to organize FIDE rating tournaments, A grant of Rs.50,000 each to 12 states under the project Smart Girl to boost women's chess in our country. There were further decisions made with regards to rating category tournaments in India, the boarding money of official players for national championships, Chess in Schools Project and much more. The below article are the points sent to us by AICF after the meeting ended.
The central council meeting of AICF was held on 22 December 2018 at Hyatt Regency, Chennai. The council made the following important decisions:
1. AICF will extend a grant of Rs. 50000/- each totalling Rs.6,00,000/- to the following states Puducherry, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Bihar, Uttaranchal, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh,Andaman & Nicobar, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh to conduct FIDE Rated chess tournaments with minimum 100 players and maximum entry fee of Rs. 250/-.
2. AICF will extend a grant of Rs. 50000/- each totalling Rs.6,00,000/- to the following states Puducherry, Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab, Jharkhand, Assam, Sikkim, Nagaland, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Chhattisgarh and Telangana to conduct FIDE Rated Chesstournaments exclusively for girl players with minimum 50 players andmaximum entry fee of Rs. 250/- under project ‘SMART GIRL’, the new initiative of AICF for girl players.
3. The boarding money of official players for national championship will be increased to Rs. 1500/- from Rs. 1000.
4. Remuneration of Chief Arbiter/Deputy Chief Arbiters/Arbiters for national championships has been increased. It is also decided to have two Deputy Chief Arbiters for National Under-7, Under-9, Rapid & Blitz.
5. Remuneration of Coaches and Trainers has been increased.
6. Below category events can only be below 1600. You cannot have tournaments like below 1400 or below 1500. It can be below 1600 or anything above that.
7. For all national championships, the hall temperature not to exceed 30 degree Celsius.
8. To reduce the expenditure of parents as well as organisers, the number of days for National Under-7 championships has been reduced to 6 days.
9. For better preparation of players and organisers, the entries for national championships will be closed 15 days before the event.
10. AICF will extend a grant of Rs. 5,00,000/- to conduct of 3 days Chess in School Seminar for Coaches/Officials.