Special Grand Chess Tour 2019 contest only for Indians
Grand Chess Tour 2019 starts today at Côte D’Ivoire. But before that begins, we would like to let you know about a contest where you can win either the official collectors edition Sinquefield cup book signed by the GCT participants and a Chess board signed by the GCT participants. This contest is open only to Indians and has been made possible by the efforts of IM Tania Sachdev. So, what do you have to do to win them? Well you just have to predict the four qualifiers for the Grand Chess Tour finals in London that will be held in December this year. However there is a procedure that needs to be followed. In this article we explain it to you. Mind you, today, 8th of May 2019 is the last date for taking part. Photo: Grand Chess Tour
The Grand Chess Tour 2019 contest for India only!
Tania Sachdev has been donning many hats in the field of chess. She is a member of the Indian Olympiad team, she works as a commentator at major events, she is also a host and interviewer at Gibraltar Chess and she is the brand ambassador of Redbull. With all of these accomplishments, it's natural that she has quite a huge fan base. In fact her Instagram account is very active and is followed by over 21,000 people. Grand Chess Tour teamed up with Tania to bring a special contest for Indians. You have a chance to win the following:
Five steps to take part in the contest:
1. You need to have an Instagram Account. If you do not have one, login with your facebook credentials to create an Instagram account
2. Follow @grandchesstourofficial
3. Like Tania's post - You have to like the Instagram post with your Instagram account
4. In the comments Predict the 4 qualifiers (the order doesn't matter) for the #GrandChessTour Finals in London
5. Tag a friend - You have to tag your friend in the post with your answer to the contest.
Out of those who get it right 2 winners will be randomly picked:
Winner 1: The official collectors edition Sinquefield cup book signed by the GCT participants + a gift from Saint Louis Chess Club
Winner 2: Chess board signed by the GCT participants + a gift from Saint Louis Chess Club
The contest is open to Indian residents only.
Today (8th May 2019) 5 p.m. IST
So what are you waiting for? The clock is ticking. Hurry up and post your answers in the above mentioned contest post only.
The Grand Chess Tour:
Here are some details about the Grand Chess Tour that will help you make an educated prediction for the above contest.
The full schedule for the 2019 regular season (including arrival and departure days) is as follows:
1. Cote d’Ivoire Rapid & Blitz, May 8 - 13, 2019, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
2. GCT (Classical), June 24 - July 9, 2019, Zagreb, Croatia
3. Paris Rapid & Blitz, July 26 - August 2, 2019, Paris, France
4. St Louis Rapid & Blitz, August 8 - 15, 2019, St. Louis, Missouri USA
5. Sinquefield Cup (Classical), August 15 - 30, 2019, St. Louis, Missouri USA
6. Superbet Rapid & Blitz, November 4 - 11, 2019, Bucharest, Romania
7. Tata Steel India Rapid & Blitz, November 20 - 27, 2019, Kolkata, India
The top four players by cumulative score will qualify for the 2019 GCT Finals which will be held during the London Chess Classic in London, UK between November 30 and December 10, 2019.
The main participants of the Grand Chess Tour 2019 are:
1. Magnus Carlsen
2. Fabiano Caruana
3. Ding Liren
4. Anish Giri
5. Shakhriyar Mamedyarov
6. Maxime Vachier Lagrave
7. Hikaru Nakamura
8. Vishy Anand
9. Levon Aronian
10. Ian Nepomniachtchi
11. Sergey Karjakin
12. Wesley So
Tour Points shall be awarded based on the final ranking of each full tour player in each event as set out below. Tour Points shall be shared equally between tied players and shall not be impacted by the result of any playoff or tiebreaks that may take place.